You don’t have to leave home (although we recommend you do) to celebrate Women’s History Month! Below are some great suggestions to honor Women’s History Month on your own time.
- 100 Great Movies by Women Directors That You Can Stream Now (FilmSchoolRejects)
- 30 Essential Feminist Movies You Need to See (Harpar's Bazaar)
- 17 movies about women to watch for Women’s History Month (USA Today)
- 25 Must-Reads for Women’s History Month (Barnes and Noble)
- 33 Life-Changing Books in Honor of International Women’s Day (LitHub)
- 365 Books by Women Authors to Celebrate International Women’s Day All Year (NYPL)
- Women’s History Month: A Book Every Day (SocialJusticeBooks)
For a great combo, check out BookRiot’s list on “Bookish Movies Directed by Women for Women’s History Month.”
Podcasts: Whether you’re on the go or sitting at home, these insightful podcasts are definitely worth a listen!
- Women’s History Month: Podcasts on motherhood, business, health, politics and more (USA Today)
- 12 Feminist Podcasts to Listen to During Women’s History Month 2019 (Bustle)
- Podcasts created by Women You Need to Be Listening to Right Now (Forbes)
- American Innovations - Women Inventors (Smithsonian Mag)
- Stuff You Missed in History Class - Women (MissedinHistory)
- These Podcasts Episodes are Must-Listens for Women’s History Month (Refinery29)
- Tell Me More about Women’s History (NPR)
Which recommendation are you most likely to use?
Comment below and we’ll send you one of the following books (your choice!) from our Women’s History trade books: