Saeedith Williams | How My Achievements Can Improve Other's Lives

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 20, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Saeedith Williams shares what drives him to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
I strive to be the best I can be in anything whether that's from playing video games or at work doing my job. Honestly I have a need to want to make the world a better place and I believe I can start by building on a skill I'm familiar with. Engineering is not just having a blueprint in front of you and matching the directions. It's about having the intuition and imagination to build something never before seen. There are a numerous amount of freethinkers that changed the world for the better just by envisioning the world being saved by what their contributions to science did. Nikola Tesla found different wave frequencies that if used today would be more efficient and less costly to the world if someone would have just listened. I don't want to be another who was overlooked because I didn't have to support system to advocate for my genius. Tesla was ahead of his time and I nowhere near compare to his genius but if I had the tools and outlet to produce and construct new ideas. You see I feel that anyone can make an invention that they think is worthy of recognition. But ideas prove on another level that a person recognizes a problem and wants to solve it. There are many other people invested in the bettering of the world but most of them are looking for a quick buck. The closest person I've seen today that continues to spark my intuition is Elon Musk. I've had many influences and influential people steer me on the path I'm on today but I would have to thank one person for actually instilling in me this passion. My step dad helped me realize my potential and feelings towards engineering. We would just sit and watch shows about space, earth, aliens, and life and talk about what we were seeing. Sometimes when I built something I would show him and he would be so fascinated that I build this simple yet complex machines. He also was a cable installer and worked with wires and machines so going to work with home gave me experience and fascinated me. I have always found machinery and electricity amazing and seeing machinations and different ways it moves and acts build my foundation of interest in the engineering field. Today we are faced with countless issues almost to many to bear. So let me start by saying politicians I applaud you for doing what you can. Personally, even though I want to make an impact that will better us as a race. It's about to be 2020 and people are still separated and fighting because of skin color and other mundane things. We are all one race the human race. I hope to make such an invention or idea that we surpass our limits and become so great that nothing can stop us. Whether it's from a more efficient fuel or cleaning up the mess we have now.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes