Shannon Lee Downey | How Change Empowers Me

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 20, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Shannon Downey shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
Throughout my life, I have encountered many people and came to realize that some of the smallest interactions transformed me. Each person and experience have become a piece of the puzzle that will ultimately form my masterpiece. My passion is helping others. I intend to use my knowledge and skills to be the helping hand that reaches out and pulls our youth into their potential. Children are the future, and as a mother of three inquisitive and loving children, I am driven to not only be successful, but also provide them a real-life role model. I have dedicated myself to be the change that this world needs, one step, one person, one single moment at a time. My 1st Sergeant in the Army taught me what selfless service and compassion are, while simultaneously inspiring an eternal aspiration to be to the world what he had been to me. I hope that I can stimulate adults to take the time to do kind things, turn the other cheek, and exemplify their best qualities. I aim to teach children how to be the best people they can be, foster healthy self-esteems and live a life of love. Ultimately, I am driven to achieve more so that I can inspire our children to reach for the stars and the adults to believe in themselves and commit to a greater, kinder society. It takes only one person's initiative and drive to make legendary changes. I seek to be the strength that every success story has behind the scenes and inspire a brighter tomorrow.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes