Crystal Farrand | I Want to Succeed Because they Believe that I Can

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 22, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Crystal Farrad shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
I am Crystal Farrand; the youngest of two much older brothers. They both are old enough to have finished school, secured a job, and start a family. I look through their life experiences as guidance in my own life. I have so much farther to go in life and I can feel the eyes of not only them but everyone in my family watching my every move. They expect me to be the shining star of the family, even better than my second oldest brother. My parents were much stricter with me than both of my brothers combined. My mother pushes me every day to do my best, my oldest brother serves as a reminder of things that can go wrong, and my second oldest brother serves as a reminder that hard work pays off. Their love, support and expectations keep me on my toes. One wrong step and they are there to remind me of what I'm fighting for. However, they alone aren't the reason I keep fighting to do my best. My oldest brother has two children, both of them are barely younger than I am, but I still feel responsible for helping them. I wanna be their role model. When I am feeling down and I wanna give up, I think of them and what I want them to do in my situation. I follow the advice that I would give others in hopes that one day my hard work will pay off. When that day comes, I would finally be able to give back and repay my family for raising me to be who I am now. I know for a fact that without them I wouldn't be where I am or who I am now; today.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes