Laura Garcia | I #Achievemore for My Students and the Impact They Have on Me

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 22, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Laura Garcia shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
Since I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to teach. Through my university life, I worked really hard to become an English Teacher. I worked as a graduate teaching assistant and an English teacher for 7th and 8th grade. I always thought I wanted to continue through higher education. However, as the year has progressed and I have worked with my new school, I have seen how much I really love working with kids. My kids are my motivation to keep moving through my thesis and MAEE studies. They are my cheerleaders on tough days and good ones. They help me grow as an educator and teach me new experiences in my path. My students have taught me that everything is perfect, no matter how wrong it goes. That planning isn't everything as long as I know where to go. They have let me seen how much they appreciate my work and all I put into a single class. And how to work cohesively, not only with each and every one of them, but with my peers and administration. While this is only at school, they have let me seen how organized I am in real life. How loving of a person I can actually be. How focused I am on the little details. How much I love being creative and bringing in new things for both me and them to make. And to be able to be myself around everyone, even the kids. Throughout my time teaching, both in college and in school, I have seen how much I have grown as an educator and a person. I see that what seemed trivial at first is really just a stepping stone into a new future. And while I do not know what exactly the future has in store for me, I know I will always have a new group of kids ready to take that next step alongside me.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes