Berto Mill | Making the Impossible Fit

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 22, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Berto Mill shares what drives him to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
What drives me to commit to the work that I do is to show people that you don't have to do what people expect you to do, you can do what you love. Whatever I do, I try to work as hard as I can until I make it happen. A specific person who has motivated me along my pathway is my squash coach. He moved to Canada from England with the vision to have the best Squash program in Canada. At the time, no-one believe that he would do it. There were many excuses like he doesn't have the resources or that he didn't have enough people who wanted to play. But he persevered throughout all the doubt and ended up creating what many called the best squash club in Canada. The impact that I hope my work will do is motivate others to followw their passion, because at the end of the day, that is what makes the world a better place. When I get older I want to become a teacher of the lessons that I learned along the way. I hope to be the first Canadian to ever win MVP honours in Squash and in football at the same year. I feel as if my grandparents were the ones who showed me where hard work can get you. The also came to Canada as immigrants with little money, but they had the drive and desire to become the people they wanted to be. They paved the way for my life, have I hope to pave an even better one for my children. I believe that education is such an integral part of my life because it brings such joy to my life to learn something new every day. I believe that knowledge is power, and power can help build a better world.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes