Pyar Mo | Family Sacrifices that Allow Others to Move Forward

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 22, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Pyar Mo shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
The sun heat is fiery in mid-day afternoon as I helplessly saw my mother works tirelessly without a pause. Her hand began to dry like a desert. Her face was full of sweat and worries endured pain of working countless hours for low wages. Her back pain began to intensified and her knee starts to crumble. The condition seem daunted but she did not give up hope on supporting me in my education. When my parents were young, they never had a chance to attend school because of war, education means everything to them. They were forced to flee their homeland, escape to Thailand refugee camp to save our family. In 2011 my family had an opportunity to resettle in America. They were so brave to leave everything they knew when we came to America however, they did it so that I could have a privilege and educational opportunity that they never did. Because of my family's sacrifices it drives me to want to achieve greater things than myself. In 2018, I graduated on top of my class and am now sophomores studies biomedical science for pre med. It is my dream to one day to reach back to the people who are left behind in refugee camps. I want to return and set up a clinic to help community there. Refugees do not have many resources to afford quality medical care like we have here in America. My desire is to help educate them.With knowledge, deadly disease could greatly reduced. Education is a powerful tool with the ability to change the quality of people's lives. It is also my dream to inspire those who comes after me in my community to believe in themselves that they are capable of achieving higher education no matter where they come from.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes