Kaylin Dean | Working with Students and Helping to Shape Their Future Drives Me

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 22, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Kaylin Dean shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
My name is Kaylin Dean. I'm a student at the University of Central Arkansas, majoring in Education. What drives me to achieve more, is my family. My family has impacted my life tremendously, especially my grandmother. When I was 14, she passed in a house fire. She didn't see me graduate high school nor will she experience me grow from an adolescent to an adult. However, I keep moving forward because I know that she wanted the best for me. Additionally, during my senior year, my twin brother got into trouble and had to move away. Growing up with someone who's just like me moved away for the first time in 18 years, it was a challenge but, I made it through. Another form of motivation comes from children in my community. My favorite quote declares "Be you, you needed when you were younger," and that's who I want to be. I always knew I wanted to teach. I learned that helping and being a change in the community goes a long way. We must pour back into our children; they are going to lead this world one day. The internet can teach them so much, but who's going to lead them on the right path. I don't know everything, although I know a little and with the help of others, I feel like this upcoming generation can and will be successful. People always say that teachers don't make a lot of money, but it's not about the money. It's about reaching a child where they are and motivating them to be excellent. Whenever I think about giving up, I think about my family and how they want me to succeed. Also, if I give up, who am I giving up on? This is why I strive to achieve more!

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes