Visual Presentation Tools

Document created by Solina Lindahl on Sep 26, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

There are some great style and philosophy sites to help keep us on the beautiful, effective and simple presentation path.  A few of my favorites (feel free to add!)

My favorite tools:

• Haiku Deck for beautiful, simple slides with amazing royalty-free photos.  Super fast and slick.  Desktop and mobile.
  • Sparkol has two great hand-drawn/cartooning tools I find especially useful for creating mental frames for students who sometimes lose context in the active learning environment.
    • Videoscribe (desktop or MUCH cheaper mobile app).  Use their drawings or upload your own for an RSA-animate style creative mindmap you can add voiceover to
    • Tawe (free version is limited to 2 at a time) where you take a picture of something of yours- drawn or otherwise- then tap around to quickly create zoomed presentation.  Works really well with hastily drawn mindmap or other "big picture" stories and timelines. 
  • Explain Everything (iPad) is my go-to app for quick screencasts where I'll mindmap or draw on top of PDFs and Powerpoints.  Very easy upload to popular sites like YouTube.  Bonus: Lightsaber laser pointer (with sound!)

Attachments

Outcomes