Video title: Study Less Study Smart: A 6-Minute Summary of Marty Lobdell's Lecture - College Info Geek
Topic(s): Studying to learn, memory myths
Search terms: video study less study smart
Time (of video): 6:42
Posted by: Thomas Frank
Date posted: January 29, 2015
Video description: A brief video about studying more effectively.
Question/writing prompt to discuss: Describe one tip offered in the video.
1. Chunking Objective: Students explore a studying technique.
Show the video from 0:39 to 1:04. Ask the following questions:
- Why is it important to break study sessions into chunks?
- How long should the chunks be?
- What should you do when a chunk is over?
2. Where to Study Objective: Students learn the importance of environment on studying.
Show the video from 1:23 to 1:53. Ask students these questions:
- Why shouldn’t you study in your bed or on the couch in front of the TV?
- Where should you study?
- What role does conditioning play in studying?