Video title: Failing a Test
Topic(s): Test taking, test anxiety
Search terms: video failing a test
Time (of video): 2:40 (watch from beginning until 1:50)
Posted by: CollegeHumor
Date posted: October 20, 2008
Video description: A humorous look at how test anxiety feels for someone who has not prepared for an exam.
Question/writing prompt to discuss: Name and describe one thought the student has during the test that you have also experienced.
1. Test-Taking Tips Objective: Students apply test-taking tips.
Show the video from the beginning to 1:50.
- Direct students to their textbook to find test-taking tips.
- Ask how they could help the anxious and underprepared student in the video prepare for his exam using these tips.
2. Bouncing Back Objective: Students learn what to do after performing poorly on an assessment.
Show the video from the beginning to 1:50. Ask students the following questions:
- Have you ever felt like this student?
- What do you do to recover from doing poorly (or worse than you expected) on an exam or paper?
- How does a poor grade affect you next time you have to take a test or write a paper?