Video title: How to Write a Great Résumé and Cover Letter
Topic(s): Résumé building
Search terms: how to write a great résumé and cover letter
Time (of video): 2:45
Posted by: Harvard Extension School
Date posted: September 21, 2012
Video description: Tips on how to create an effective résumé and cover letter that will attract the interest of potential employers.
Question/writing prompt: Research how much time the average employer will likely spend looking at your résumé. React to that statistic.
1. Using the Résumé Tips Objective: Students apply the tips provided to improve their résumés.
Show the video from the beginning to 1:45.
- Have students highlight the important résumé tips provided.
- Have students work on their résumé in class using the tips they listed.
- Students critique their own résumés.
2. Cover Letters and Networking Objective: Students learn the importance of networking on the job market.
Show the video from 1:45 to the end.
- What important tips about cover letters are offered at the end of the video?
- How do you network? Have the class brainstorm networking strategies.