Video title: The Big Bang Theory-Back to the Future
Search terms: video big bang theory procrastination
Time (of video): 2:58
Posted by: The Big Bang Theory
Date posted: October 13, 2014
Video description: Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, and Howard have a night without their significant others and plan to “change the world.” Watch as even scientific geniuses struggle with distraction and procrastination.
Question/writing prompt: What caused the guys to lose focus on their project? In the same situation, would you be able to remain focused?
1. Study Places Objective: Students work to decrease distractions and find new study places.
Discuss what makes a good place to study. Show the video.
- Have a brief discussion of the distractions in our residence halls/apartments/houses.
- Explore alternative places to study around campus. Tour the library and computer labs.
- Ask what other places, on or off campus (e.g., coffee shops, bookstores, cafes), might make good study places.
2. Floor Plan Objective: Students make positive improvements to their study spaces.
Have students draw a floor plan of their living space. Include beds, desks, televisions, and anything else in the room. Ask the following questions:
- Is the floor plan conducive to getting work done?
- Where are you most productive?