Like every writer, the authors of our books benefit from feedback, and at Bedford/St. Martin’s (an imprint of Macmillan Learning) that feedback comes from our experienced development editors. As development editors, it is our job and our joy to work closely with our authors to help them fine-tune their instructional materials by
- finding reading selections that are effective models on compelling topics,
- soliciting feedback from experienced instructors on reading selections, instructional content, and previously published content,
- analyzing those reviews to find out what’s working and what’s not,
- identifying instructional pain points that we can relieve by producing well-crafted content, and, of course,
- reading, commenting on, and editing what our authors write.
But our work doesn’t stop there. We also work with
- designers to make our books not only attractive to students and instructors but also to make sure that they are accessible and work well in the classroom,
- project editors to make sure our books are as error-free as we can make them,
- digital editors to create new content and to translate our content into a digital framework, and
- instructors and students to produce supplements, like instructor’s manuals, collections of student writing, and additional exercises to give students and instructors the tools they need to be successful in the classroom.
At Bedford/St. Martin’s, we pride ourselves on producing quality instructional materials for teachers and students, and our development editors are at the core of how we make these materials the very best they can be.The English Community