How do I add to an existing assignment unit?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How do I add to an existing assignment unit?

You can add assignments to your assignment units from the Table of Contents or from the Assignments tab. We'll cover both options in this article.

Assign pages and other resources from the Table of Contents.

Note: When adding assignments to units from the table of contents, we strongly suggest that you add assignments one topic or resource at a time, as opposed to a whole section or chapter at once. If you assign an entire chapter at once then all topics or resources within that chapter will have the same due date and point value, if you set one. Additionally, if you'd previously assigned individual topics or resources with unique due dates and point values, then the due date and point value that you set at the chapter level will override your previous settings. Any time you assign an entire chapter you will see this warning.

Assign pages and other resources from the Table of Contents.

From the Table of Contents, navigate to the page or resource you wish to add to your assignment unit. Hover your cursor over the title. The Options menu will appear at the right of the title.

Click on Options. From the drop-down menu, Click Assign.

In the Manage Assignment screen, use the drop-down menu to select an assignment unit that you have already created. After you have completed the rest of the assignment information, Click Assign. For more information on completing this screen, please see the help article How do I create assignments?.

From the Assignments tab on your homepage, you will now see the new assignment added to to an existing assignment unit.

Add assignments to a unit from the Assignments tab

Click the Assignments tab

Click the Assignments tab

Click the arrow next to the unit you'd like to add to

Click the arrow next to the unit you'd like to add to

Clicking the arrow will open the unit.

Click Add to this Unit and select Create new or Add from resources

Click Add to this Unit and select Create new or Add from resources
  1. Select Create new if you'd like to create your own content from scratch, such as a quiz that you've written or a folder to hold a collection of documents.
  2. Select Add from resources if you'd like to assign publisher-supplied content from Writer's Help 2.0. For more information on using the Resources panel, see the help article How do I use the Resources panel?.

Attachments

Outcomes