How can I add or delete i>clicker IDs?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How can I add or delete i>clicker IDs?

A course master or instructor with edit-roster privileges will have the ability to add or delete i>clicker remote IDs to student enrollments.

Note: Only courses that have had i>clicker lecture data uploaded to it will display an "i>clicker" column in the Student Enrollments table of the Manage Roster page.

Select "Manage Roster" from the "Instructor Links" drop-down menu

Select

Press the "+Add clicker" link from the i>clickerID column

Note: If the link does not appear, then your current enrollment does not have sufficient privileges to add remote IDs. Students may have multiple remote IDs added to their enrollment.

Press the clickerID column" />

Once clicked, you will see a textbox and "Save" and "Cancel" links. Valid clicker IDs consist of eight alpha-numeric digits preceded by a # tag.

There are four possible outcomes when trying to save a change to a student's i>clicker ID:

1. The save is successful because the i>clicker ID you entered has a match in the uploaded i>clicker data. In this case the i>clicker ID will appear as a link with an option to add another i>clicker ID.
  2. The save is unsuccessful because the i>clicker ID you entered does not have a match in the instructor's uploaded i>clicker data. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the ID you entered does not have a match. You will be allowed to try again.
  3. In attempting to save, the system found that another user already has the same i>clicker ID in the same course. In this case a warning modal will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is already in use by another user. You will have the ability to transfer ownership of the i>clicker IDs of the students in your class.
  4. In attempting to save, the system recognized that the i>clicker ID you entered is not properly formatted. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is not a valid clicker ID. You will be allowed to try again.

To delete an existing i>clicker ID, click on the desired i>clicker ID link. Once clicked, you will see "Delete" and "Cancel" links Deleting an ID will open a warning modal asking for confirmation.

Attachments

Outcomes