How do I use the Resources panel?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 22Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The Resources panel allows you to see all of the content that's available from Writer's Help 2.0. Much of the content featured has already been incorporated in the Table of Contents, but not all of it. You can browse for content in the Resources panel in three main ways, as shown below.

Go to the Resources panel

From any Writer's Help 2.0 page, click on the Resources tab.

Go to the Resources panel

Navigate the Resources panel

Search the Resources

You will see a search field that uses exact words to locate resources or you may use the drop-down fields to locate articles that are listed by type, chapter (alphabetical), content that you've created, and content you have removed.

Search the Resources

Filter Resources by type

Content by type is the primary search method used to locate resources, such as exercises, assets, directories, charts, videos, quick help, activities, and others.

Filter Resources by type

Filter Resources by chapter

Content by chapter lists the chapters from the top level of the Table of Contents alphabetically.

Filter Resources by chapter

You can get back to your search by clicking on Resources in this screen or by the Resources tab on the gray menu bar.

Filter by Content I've created or Removed content

You will also find two more categories to help locate your content. Content I've created, such as a quiz you've created from scratch or a document you've uploaded. Removed content will house any items you've deleted from the course. If you've deleted items accidentally, you will be able to restore these items to your course from this option.

Filter by Content I've created or Removed content

Once you have clicked on a item, you may Add that item to the Table of Contents or view those items that are already incorporated in the Table of Contents, as shown by the check mark In Use.

If you have added an item to the Table of Contents, it will appear at the top of the list under Getting Started.

Expand the section in the Table of Contents that you want to add the item to, then drag and drop it to the correct place.

To close out of the Resources panel, click the X at the upper right corner of the pop-up screen.

Attachments

Outcomes