How can I manually register clicker IDs to a student?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How can I manually register clicker IDs to a student

Select "i>clicker Data Manager" from the "Instructor Links" drop-down menu

Select

Click "View Registration" to go to the i>clicker Registration Manager view

Click clicker Registration Manager view" />

You have the option to manually register clicker IDs to a student through the Manage Roster view (read: How do I view i>clicker registrations?). When done, the corresponding Last Modifier cell for that clicker ID will display 1. "INSTRUCTOR" signifying that an instructor has manually assigned a clicker ID to a student. A 2. lock icon will appear to the right of the Last Modifier cell signifying that this clicker ID has been manually assigned to this student and reloading the remoteID.csv file will not change this assignment. You can click on this lock to reset the clicker ID registration.

Students also have the option to manually register clicker IDs from their course listings view. (See How can I update my students' i>clicker accounts?). When done, the corresponding Last Modifier cell for that clicker ID will display 3. "STUDENT" signifying that the student has manually assigned a clicker ID to themselves. A 4. lock icon will appear to the right of the Last Modifier cell signifying that this clicker ID has been manually assigned to this student and reloading the remoteID.csv file will not change this assignment. You can click on this lock to reset the clicker ID registration. Note that students cannot remove a clicker ID from their enrollment. Only instructors with roster management privileges can reset a clicker ID by following the aforementioned steps.

Attachments

Outcomes