What is i>clicker data?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

What is i>clicker data?

Class data from the i>clicker system is grouped into three subfolders: Images, Reports, and SessionData.

For more information on how to upload i>clicker data, please read How do I add i>clicker data?

Images folder

The Images folder contains two sets of images. The first set of images is the pictures of the clicker questions themselves. The file names of the question images end in "_Q#.jpg" (e.g., L1301171328_Q3.jpg).

The second set of images is the histograms generated by the clicker system representing the student responses for the clicker questions. The file names of the histogram images end in "_C#.jpg" (e.g., L1301171328_C3.jpg).

Reports folder

The Reports folder contains HTML files detailing the class distribution of responses by student for a given lecture. These HTML files, which are generated by the i>clicker system, are not used in the system and will be ignored when trying to add them to the upload queue.

SessionData folder

The SessionData folder contains two file types: .csv and .raw. Most of the CSV files are lecture files that contain the raw student data. These files start with an "L" and are followed by a ten digit number (e.g., L1301171449.csv). A RemoteID.csv file is also included that pairs each student with a remote id.

The .raw files are not used in the system and will be ignored when trying to add them to the upload queue.

For more information on how to upload i>clicker data, please read How do I add i>clicker data?

Attachments

Outcomes