How can I set holidays?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How can I set holidays?

As the fourth step in the Course Wizard, the Set Holidays page allows you to mark days in your course that you want to exclude regular lectures from occurring on during the schedule generation process (called "course holidays"). These could be holidays, exam days, etc.

Days that have been marked as course holidays will appear as an orange X in the calendar displayed on this page, as well as on the instructor's main course calendar page. The students' calendar view will not display the Xs on their main calendar page.

Follow the instructions below to add course holidays.

HOW TO SET HOLIDAYS

Click "Set Holidays" from the Instructor Links drop down menu

You can also navigate to the Set Holidays section of the Course Wizard by clicking "next' from "Select Course Content"

Click

Click on the days in the calendar you want to set as a holiday

An orange X will appear on days that have been clicked.

Note: Adding course holidays will not automatically adjust the due dates of previously assigned assignments. You will need to run the schedule generator (see How do I use the Schedule Generator to create a schedule for the semester?) in order to place assignments around the newly added course holidays.

User-added image

HOW TO REMOVE COURSE HOLIDAYS

Click on the holiday in the calendar you want to remove.

The orange X will be removed after the click.

Note: Removing course holidays will not automatically adjust the due dates of previously assigned assignments. You will need to run the schedule generator (see How do I use the Schedule Generator to create a schedule for the semester?in order to reassign assignments.

User-added image

Attachments

Outcomes