HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/FlipIt_IM/l/446226-how-can-i-create-a-course-using-the-course-wizard
How can I create a course using the Course Wizard?
If you have been given course creation privileges you can begin the course creation process described below.
Click "Create a Course" on your course account page
If you don't see the "Create a Course" link, then your FlipIt account does not have course creation privileges. You can request those privileges by contacting the FlipIt team.
There are three groups of courses to choose from:
1. Template Courses
These courses have been constructed by the publisher and include all the recommended content for each course. The "Blank Template" course, however, excludes any content and provides a blank canvas for you to work with.
3. Other FlipIt Courses
These courses include all other courses ever made by other instructors. To copy one of these courses you will need the course access key for the course you wish to copy. The course will also need to allow other instructors the ability to copy it. (See Allow instructors to copy course).
Choose whether or not to copy course deadlines and special events
After you press the "Get Course" button, you will be asked if you want to also copy the course deadlines and special events.
- Copying the deadlines will automatically fill the dates of your new course's calendar according to the settings of the course being copied.
- Copying the special events will copy any special events from the course being copied. The special events will be placed on the new course's calendar on the same day of the week relative to the course start date as they appeared in the course being copied. (You will be able to manually move the special events as desired after the course is created.)
Click "Create Course"
Copying a course will preserve all content, course settings, and holidays from the original course. The creation process may take several seconds.
Afterward, you will be redirected to the new course's global course settings, the first step in the Course Setup Wizard.
- For more information on continuing the course wizard by understanding how to select your Course Settings, please read How can I access and edit Global Course settings?.
- For more information on continuing the course wizard by understanding how to Select Course Content, please read How can I select course content?.
- For more information on continuing the course wizard by understanding the Assignment Settings, please read How can I edit Assignment Settings?.
- For more information on continuing the course wizard by understanding how to Set Holidays, please read How can I set holidays?.
- For more information on continuing the course wizard by understanding how to use the Schedule Generator to generate your course schedule, please read How do I use the Schedule Generator to create a schedule for the semester?.