How do I edit/customize the short answer questions?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can only edit short answer questions before any students have accessed the lab.

If you get an error message when attempting to edit, saying that students have already accessed the lab, you likely need to create a custom copy of the lab and assign that version to your section. (Refer to: How do I customize a lab?) Once the custom lab has been added to your section, you will be able to edit the accompanying short answer questions using the process outlined below.

Assign the Short Answer Assessment

For more help, see the articles below:

Please note that if you assign the short answer assessment and don't wish to make any changes, there's no need to edit it.

Click Short Answer

Click the Short Answer link in the lab where you want to edit short answer questions.

Click Edit

Once the preview window opens, click Edit. Note that this preview will always display the original version of the assignment. To view your edits at any time just click the Edit button within the preview. This is the version of the assignment that your section's students will see.

Start editing

Changes made here will be viewable to all students in the section as they work on the assignment.

Click Save Changes

Be sure to save your work.

If you want to remove changes:

Simply click Restore to Original

If Restore to Original appears to load a blank assignment, click the Back button at the top right and try editing the assignment again. You should see the original assignment.

Edit the Answer Key

If you've edited questions, you may need to edit answers as well. Visit the help article How do I edit/customize the answer key for short answer questions? for more information.

Attachments

Outcomes