Can I create feedback for more than one answer in a fill-in-the-blank question?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Can I create feedback for more than one answer in a fill-in-the-blank question?

Yes! You can set up your short answer questions so students receive feedback on every incorrect answer they attempt. For more information on how to create fill-in-the-blank questions with multiple blanks, please see the help article How do I add a fill-in-the-blank question to a quiz?. When you have created your fill-in-the-blank question, open it in the question editor and take the following steps.

Click Add Feedback in the lower right hand corner of the Question Editor

Click Add Feedback in the lower right hand corner of the Question Editor

NOTE that if you're editing a question for which you've already created feedback then the link in the lower right will read "Edit Feedback."

Add general feedback in the first text editor.

Add general feedback in the first text editor.

Notice that the question is visible below the gray bar at the top of the editor. That is how you know this box is appropriate for adding general feedback.

Students will receive this feedback whether or not they get any of the answers correct.

Add feedback for the first answer in the following text editor.

Add feedback for the first answer in the following text editor.

Notice that the correct answer is visible here beneath the gray bar at the top of the text editor.

Students will only receive this feedback if they get this part of the question incorrect.

Add feedback for the next answer in the following text editor.

Add feedback for the next answer in the following text editor.

Notice again that the second answer is visible beneath the gray bar at the top of the text editor.

Students will only receive this feedback if they get this part of the question incorrect.

Click Hide Feedback in the lower right hand side of the Question Editor.

Click Hide Feedback in the lower right hand side of the Question Editor.

Click Save to save the question.

Click Save to save the question.

Attachments

Outcomes