Is there a way to communicate quickly with students who haven't completed an assignment?
Yes! Follow the instructions below to send an email from the Gradebook to all the students who are missing a particular assignment.
If you haven't already, add the "Missing" footer
To see students who've missed assignments, you'll first need to make the "Missing" Footer visible at the bottom of the Gradebook. To add the Missing footer, from the Display Options drop-down menu, select "Visible Footers." If you already have that Footer active, skip down to the section of this article named "Click on the Number next to 'Missing.'"
From the Visible Footers menu, put a check mark in the box next to "Missing." This will make the "Missing" footer active at the bottom of your Gradebook.
Select the Category
If you are using categories, click on the category that contains the assignment for which you want to send reminders. You can also click on All Assignments.
Click on the number next to "Missing" at the bottom of the Gradebook
The number next to the Missing Footer displays how many students are missing a particular assignment.
Click the Envelope icon
This dialog box shows you the students missing that assignment. Click the envelope icon next to a student's name to send him an email. See below for instructions on how to send emails to multiple students.
- If you selected "Send Message to All" but only want to send your message to some of the students, then delete the unwanted students from the "To:" line.
- After composing your email, click Send to send it.
To add additional students, Click in the white space
If you want to add additional students to your email:
- Click the white space next to your student's name and hit the backspace button on your keyboard;
- Select another student from the drop-down list;
- Click Send when you're done composing your message.