How do I create an instructor submitted Video Assignment?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Click "Add New" from the home page to add a new assignment

Click

Click "Video Assignment"

Click

Click the Basic Info tab

You can add a Title, Subtitle and Directions here. Remember to click "Save" when you're done.

Click the Basic Info tab

If you forget to click Save you will see the reminder below.

Click the Assignment tab

1. Select a due date;
  2. Assign a point value;
  3. Select an assignment category; and
  4. Choose a calculation type.

For more information on creating an assignment, please review the help article How do I create assignments?.

Remember to click "Assign" when you're done.

Click the Assignment tab

Click the Settings tab

Click the Settings tab

Choose Visibility status

1. Choose "Visible to students" to make the assignment visible;
  2. Choose "Hide from students" to hide the assignment. You can go back later and manually change this to "Visible" when you're ready for your students to see the assignment;
  3. Choose "Hide from students until date" to bring up a calendar so you can select a date upon which your students will be able to see the assignment. They will not see it before this date.
Choose Visibility status

Choose Assignment Type

1. Choose "Private" if you want student submissions to go only to you;
  2. Choose "Shared" if you want student submissions to go to both instructors and peers.
Choose Assignment Type

Choose "Instructor"

Selecting "Instructor" here means you will submit the video that your students will review.

For more information on creating student submitted Video Assignments, please review the help article How do I create a student submitted Video Assignment?.

Choose

1. Choose whether or not you want students to submit comments. You can also set a minimum number of comments that they must submit before their assignment will be considered complete. Note: students can submit MORE than the minimum if they wish. Students can also leave comments even if the "Add comments" box isn’t checked.  
  2. Choose whether or not you want to use a rubric. For more information on adding a rubric to a Video Assignment, please review the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?. Note on using a rubric: you must "Save" your settings before clicking "Add or edit rubric" so it makes sense to wait to add your rubric until you're done finalizing your other settings.

Choose who can see student comments

Choose who can see student comments

Choose who can see instructor comments

Choose who can see instructor comments

Click "Save" to save your settings

Click

Attachments

Outcomes