HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/LaunchPadIM/l/362826-how-do-i-navigate-launchpad
LaunchPad content is organized in one of two ways, depending on your title. This article will demonstrate the basic differences between them.
The menu will either be located vertically on the left side of your screen, or horizontally across the top. The images below demonstrate the difference.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The LaunchPad table of contents appears in the center of your screen in the vertical alignment
Click the arrows to view the contents of a chapter and its sections.
Click on the title of a resource to open it. Note that the resource will expand to full screen.
From full screen mode, you can navigate as follows:
- Click "Home" to return to the home page.
- Use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate from one resource to the next.
- In the e-book, use the Read-on button at the bottom to read the next section of the same reading (using the Previous and Next buttons will take you to the next reading in the e-book or into another resource entirely).
- The e-book also has a circle menu at the top left with a circle for each section of the current reading.
- Click the square below the circle menu to access a table of contents for the reading or show all sections of the reading.
The LaunchPad table of contents appears on the left side in the horizontal alignment
- Click the arrow to view the contents of a chapter and its sections.
- Click the previous and next arrows to navigate through the pages.
- Note that in this version, when you click on the title of a resource in the table of contents, it will appear in the center of your screen while the table of contents remains visible on the left. To go to full screen, click the expand button.
If you've opened a resource in full screen, you can navigate as follows:
- Click "Home" to return to the home page, or
- Use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate through the pages.
The assignments appear at the top of the home page in the vertical alignment
- You can toggle between showing and hiding past due assignments by clicking "Show past due/Hide past due"
- The colored banners indicate the status of an assigned item. You will see “To Do” or “Extra Credit” for items you have assigned for points and "Optional" for items you assigned without points. You will see “Past Due” when assignments have passed the due date. The Student also sees “To Do” and “Extra Credit” for items that are assigned for points and "Optional" for items assigned without points, and they see “Past Due” when assignments have passed the due date (items assigned without points will always say "Optional"). When the student completes an assignment, the original indicator flips to “Done” in all cases except manually graded items. In this case the item retains its original state until you grade the item, at which point it flips to “Done”.
For more information on creating assignments in this version of the LaunchPad, please refer to the help article How do I create assignments?.
All assignments, including past due assignments, will be visible.
- Click "Add New Assignment" to create a new assignment.
- The colored banners indicate the status of an assigned item.
For more information on creating assignments in this version of LaunchPad, please refer to the help article How do I create assignments?.