I associated my Blackboard course with the wrong LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 course. How can I fix this?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I associated my Blackboard course with the wrong LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 course. How can I fix this?

The following instructions are for unlinking a LaunchPad course, but they also apply when unlinking a Writer's Help 2.0 course.

If you first linked your Blackboard course to the wrong LaunchPad course, you can correct the pairing by unlinking the two courses, then re-associating your Blackboard course with a different LaunchPad course.

** Very important note: If there are students already enrolled in your LaunchPad course, please contact your Macmillan Sales Engineer before performing this operation. In certain integration scenarios you will need the assistance of your Macmillan Sales Engineer and/or Macmillan Higher Education’s Technical Support to effect a clean break between your Blackboard course and the LaunchPad course.

Open your Blackboard course

Log in as the instructor and proceed to the home page of the desired Blackboard course.

Make sure Content Market Tools are available

By default, the Content Market Tools should be available in your Blackboard course. However, you'll need to make sure they are before you'll be able to unlink your Blackboard course from your LaunchPad course. Proceed through the following steps to make sure Content Market Tools are available.

Click Customization in the left-hand column of your Home Page, under the Course Management heading

Click Customization in the left-hand column of your Home Page, under the Course Management heading

Click Tool Availability

Click Tool Availability

Make sure the box in the first column has a check mark. If it does not, check it to make the Content Market Tools available.

User-added image

If you had to check the box, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click Submit to save the setting

If you had to check the box, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click Submit to save the setting

Now that you've made sure Content Market Tools are available, you can begin to unlink your Blackboard course from your LaunchPad course.

Click Course Tools in the left-hand column of your Home Page, under the Course Management heading

Click Course Tools in the left-hand column of your Home Page, under the Course Management heading

Click Content Market Tools

User-added image

Click on the Macmillan Higher Education logo

User-added image

Click Unlink Macmillan Course

Click Unlink Macmillan Course

Click Yes, Disassociate this course.

Click Yes, Disassociate this course.

On the Sever this Course Association page, confirm the name of the LaunchPad course that you wish to unlink. Click Yes, Disassociate this Course.

Return to Blackboard, reconnect the courses, or view other LaunchPad courses

Return to Blackboard, reconnect the courses, or view other LaunchPad courses

You will see a message confirming that your Blackboard course is no longer linked to the LaunchPad course. From here, you may take one of three actions:

1. Return to Blackboard by simply closing this browser tab that the confirmation message appears in.
  2. Re-associate your Blackboard course with the same LaunchPad course to which you just broke the link by clicking Reconnect this course.
  3. Pair your Blackboard course with a different LaunchPad course by clicking View available courses.

View available courses

Blackboard will display the Macmillan Choose Course page.

Associate another LaunchPad course with your Blackboard course

Associate another LaunchPad course with your Blackboard course

On the Choose Course page carefully review the list of courses shown and select the LaunchPad course that you wish to pair with your Blackboard course by clicking the Associate button. If you need additional guidance, please see the help article Linking LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 Content to Your Blackboard Course Space.

Attachments

Outcomes