Not all of my students' grades are appearing in my Canvas gradebook. What could be the issue?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Not all of my students' grades are appearing in my Canvas gradebook. What could be the issue?

You can use the Macmillan Roster Information page to track which students have completed single sign on registration with LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 through Canvas. It's important for students to complete single sign on, for if they don't, the grades of assignments they've completed in LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 will not flow into Canvas, even if you perform a manual grade refresh.

If your students report completing their work, but you're not seeing their grades in your Canvas gradebook, then chances are they're going to your LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 course URL rather than opening their assignments from inside Canvas. Please follow these instructions to identify which students haven't completed single sign on, then send them the directions to do so.

Click Macmillan Learning

User-added image

To access the Macmillan Roster Information page click the Macmillan Learning link in the course navigation panel of your Canvas course.

Click Macmillan Roster Information

Click Macmillan Roster Information

On the Macmillan Tools page click Macmillan Roster Information.

Look for students missing an email address

Look for students missing an email address

On the Macmillan Higher Education Roster page, confirm that all students actively enrolled in your Canvas course have an email address listed in the Macmillan Higher Education Account column.

The presence of an email address confirms that students have completed single sign on registration from Canvas. The LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 grades of students listed on this roster without an email address will not automatically or manually flow into Canvas. Please send students the directions on how to link their LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 accounts to your Canvas course.

Attachments

Outcomes