For multiple choice questions, can I lock certain answer choices in place while scrambling others?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

For multiple choice questions, can I lock certain answer choices in place while scrambling others?

Yes! For more information on scrambling question and answer-choice order, please refer to the help article How do I edit quiz settings such as time limits, attempts, and randomization?. When you have your scrambling settings in place, open a multiple choice question in the Question Editor and take the following steps:

Click the symbol of the lock(s) to the left of the answer choice(s) you wish to lock in place.

Click the symbol of the lock(s) to the left of the answer choice(s) you wish to lock in place.

In this example, we've clicked the locks next to A, B, and E, since answer choice E states "Both A and B." Another common example would be an answer choice of "All of the above" appearing at the bottom of a multiple choice question. You'd probably want that choice to remain the last choice while the others scramble.

Click Save.

Click Save.

Attachments

Outcomes