How do I edit a rubric?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 32Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can edit a rubric before or after you create a Video Assignment. This article will show you the steps for editing the rubric after you've already created your Video Assignment, but the steps for editing the rubric before creating the assignment ere essentially the same once you click "Edit" in your list of rubrics.

For more information on adding rubrics, please read the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?.

Click "Edit" from the home page

Click

Click the "Rubrics" tab

Click the

Click "Edit a copy" at the bottom of the page

Doing this creates a copy of the rubric that you can then edit. Be aware, then, that you will have to assign this new copy to your Video Assignment when you're done.

If you haven't already created a rubric for this assignment, you will instead see the "Add a Rubric" bar. For more information on adding rubrics, please see the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?.

Click

Edit the title

It's important to give the copy a new name so you'll be able to distinguish it from the original in your list of rubrics.

Edit the title

Click "Add a Competency"

Only do this if you want to add another category.

Click

You will then see a new untitled competency at the bottom of the list.

Click the pencil icon next to the competency you want to edit.

Click the pencil icon next to the competency you want to edit.

1. Edit the Criterion
  2. Change the minimum and maximum point values.
  3. Click the trash icon to delete a criterion.

NOTE: the maximum score MUST be higher than the minimum score.

Click the checkmark to accept changes or the X to decline changes

Click the checkmark to accept changes or the X to decline changes

Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen

Click

Select the revised rubric

If you want to now assign the new rubric to the video, first choose it from the dropdown list and then click "Add to Assignment."

Select the revised rubric

Edit, Copy or Delete

You can also click ANY of the rubrics in your list to Edit, Copy or Delete it.

Edit, Copy or Delete

Attachments

Outcomes