HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/LaunchPadIM/l/333685-how-do-i-apply-settings-for-an-entire-homework-activity
Time limit, number of attempts, and review settings can be set in three ways:
- In this article you will learn how to edit these settings for an entire Homework activity.
- For information on how to edit questions settings on a question by question basis, please read the help article How do I apply question-by-question settings for a Homework activity?.
- For more information on how to edit question settings for a group of questions, please read the help article How do I apply settings for a group of questions in a Homework activity?.
We recommend that you first set a general base value here for all the questions in your assessment and then change each individual question setting at the question level as necessary.
Note: The steps in this article will help you edit question settings, not the question itself. For help editing a question please view the help article How do I edit a Homework activity question?.
We highly recommend you review Homework Assignment Requirements and Best Practices before beginning to create Homework Assignments.
Apply settings for the entire assessment
The settings indicated with an arrow below can be applied on a question-by-question basis, but we recommend that you first set a general base value here for all the questions in your assessment and then change each individual question setting at the question level as necessary.
Each of the settings listed below can be modified for the entire assessment or on a question-by-question basis:
- The number of attempts per question
- Which attempt submitted by student will report to gradebook as part of final score
- Time limit to answer each question*
- Feedback review settings: when should responses, feedback and correct answers appear to students after s/he has submitted answer:
- Allow or disallow students to save and continue their work Choose to scramble the order of questions and/or answer choices
*Note: if you set a time limit and select "Allow save and continue", the quiz timer will pause when students save their work. When they return, the timer will resume.
The following settings can only be applied to an entire activity:
- Allowing students to save and continue work
- Allowing randomization of answer options ordering within questions
Note: For each activity, you can apply these settings for an entire class or a specific group of students.
WARNING: Edits to the questions, question settings or overall activity settings in a Homework activity can not be made after a student has submitted an attempt.
Once a student has submitted an attempt to a homework activity, you will be unable to make edits to questions, question settings and overall activity settings for the homework activity. This includes when you take the homework activity in "View as Student" mode. Please remember to make edits to all of the questions and settings before students begin the activity.