How can I review Homework activities as a student?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 10, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 23Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

We highly recommend you review Homework Assignment Requirements and Best Practices before beginning to create Homework Assignments.

Once a student has submitted an attempt to a Homework Assignment, you will be unable to make edits to questions, question settings and overall activity settings for the homework. This includes when you take the Homework Assignment in "View as Student" mode.

If you want to be able preview a Homework Assignment, you will need to create a special branch of your course to be used solely for previewing homework assignments. Please follow the instructions below to see how to do this. Otherwise, remember to make edits to all of the questions and settings before students begin the activity and avoid previewing the activity in "View as Student" mode.

Create a course, and label it Parent or Master

The goal of the Parent course is to create a pristine copy of the course that you can use to create new courses without restriction. Student activity should be confined to branches (copies) of the Parent course.

For more information on how to create a course, please refer to the help article How to Create a New Course.

Create a course, and label it Parent or Master

Build the desired Homework Assignments.

For more information on creating Homework Assignments, please refer to the help article How do I create a Homework activity?.

Branch the course for review purposes

To review a Homework Assignment as a student, branch the course for review purposes. After you review the homework assignments in the review branch, change any settings, add and delete questions in the Parent course.

For more information on how to branch a course, please refer to the help article How do I create course sections that are connected to a master?.

Branch the course for review purposes

Branch the course for student enrollment

When the semester begins, activate the branch you created for student enrollment. For more information on how to activate a course, please refer to the help article How do I activate my course? (How do I make my course available to students?).

Branch the course for student enrollment

Attachments

Outcomes