Time limit, number of attempts, and review settings can be edited in three ways:
- In this article you will learn how to edit these settings for a group of questions.
- For information on how to edit questions settings for an entire assessment, please read the help article How do I apply settings for an entire Homework activity?.
- For more information on how to edit question settings for individual questions, please read the help article How do I apply question-by-question settings for a Homework activity?.
We recommend that you first set a general base value here for all the questions in your assessment and then change each individual question setting at the question level as necessary.
Note: The steps in this article will help you edit question settings, not the question itself. For help editing a question please view the help article How do I edit a Homework activity question?.
We highly recommend you review Homework Assignment Requirements and Best Practices before beginning to create Homework Assignments.
Click "Edit question settings"
Note: Do not click "Edit" next to the question or "Edit questions" (outlined in black, below). These options are there if you want to edit the TEXT of the question and NOT the question settings.
Edit the settings from the "Edit Question Settings" screen
You can change the following settings for a group of questions:
- Points possible;
- Number of attempts per question;
- Which attempt submitted by a student will report to the gradebook as part of his/her final score;
- Time limit to answer each question;
- Feedback review settings.
In this example, we changed points possible to 15.
- If a setting option does match for all selected questions, then that field will be populated and you will be able to edit the setting.
- If a setting option does not match for all selected questions, then that field will be grayed out and you will be unable to edit the setting.
Be sure to click "Save" when you're done editing the settings.
- From the activity information page you can now see the updated question settings.
- The settings for all the other questions remain the same.
WARNING: Edits to the questions, question settings or overall activity settings in a Homework activity can not be made after a student has submitted an attempt.
Once a student has submitted an attempt to a homework activity, you will be unable to make edits to questions, question settings and overall activity settings for the homework activity. This includes when you take the homework activity in "View as Student" mode. Please remember to make edits to all of the questions and settings before students begin the activity.