HE Student Knowledge Base URL (for LaunchPad): http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia_StudentHelp/m/Blackboard_integration_LaunchPad_SM/l/391305-where-else-can-i-get-helpHE Student Knowledge Base URL (for Writer's Help 2.0): http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia_StudentHelp/m/D2L_integration_LaunchPad_SM/l/403078-where-else-can-i-get-help
I’ve never used LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 before. What do I do?These instructions are for LaunchPad, but the same steps apply if you are using Writer's Help 2.0.
If you've never used LaunchPad before, the best thing to do is to create an account from inside your D2L/Brightspace course. Here's how:
Log in to your institution's D2L/Brightspace site
Locate your course under My Courses. Click the title of your course to open it.
Locate your LaunchPad assignments
Navigate to where your instructor has put LaunchPad content and click on the content area to open it. There are three likely places:
- From the navigation bar across the top right of your course, select Content.
- From the calendar module. Assignments are listed according to upcoming due dates.
- From the LaunchPad logo within the Macmillan Course Tools area. This will take you to the LaunchPad homepage, not to a specific assignment.
Click on a LaunchPad assignment
Click on the title of any LaunchPad assignment. Doing so will begin the process of linking D2L/Brightspace with LaunchPad.
Which screen do you see?
You'll see one of a few different screens, depending on how your campus IT team set up your institution's D2L/Brightspace integration with LaunchPad. When you see your screen, follow the instructions provided.
Accept the Legal Terms
Enter your D2L/Brightspace e-mail address
If you see a screen asking you whether you already have a Macmillan account, enter your D2L/Brightspace e-mail address and click Go. You'll then be taken to the privacy statement, shown above. Follow the directions in Accept the Legal Terms.
Enter the password you previously used to log in to LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0
Is it possible that you accessed LaunchPad or Writer's Help 2.0 using your D2L/Brightspace e-mail address? If you see this screen, then the system recognizes your D2L/Brightspace e-mail, which means you already have an account associated with that address.
- If you know the password associated with this account, enter it.
- If you've forgotten it, have it e-mailed to you by clicking click here.
After receiving and inputting your password, you'll be taken to the screen featured in "Select your access option" below. Follow the instructions for your access option.
Create an account
On the Register screen, enter the following information:
- your First Name
- your Last Name
- a password for your account
- your D2L/Brightspace e-mail address
- your password for your account
When you're done entering your information, click Register.
Select your access option
- Click Enter an Access Code if you've purchased a package from the bookstore that contains a LaunchPad access card or if you've purchased a stand-alone LaunchPad access card. If you need further assistance, proceed to the article "How do I enter an access code?"
- Click Purchase Access if you'd like to purchase a LaunchPad subscription with a credit card or PayPal account. If you need further assistance, proceed to the article "How do I purchase access?"
- Click Request Trial Access if you'd like 21 days of free trial access, after which you'll be required to purchase from the bookstore or online. If you need further assistance, proceed to the article "How do I request free trial access?"