I purchased a package with a LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 access card in the bookstore and have already registered the code on the card. What should I do now?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I purchased a package with a LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 access card in the bookstore and have already registered the code on the card. What should I do now?

These instructions are for LaunchPad, but you can follow the same steps if you are using Writer's Help 2.0.

If you followed the instructions on the LaunchPad access card that was shrink-wrapped with the package you purchased in your bookstore, then you probably went directly to the URL of your LaunchPad title and registered your access code there. Sound familiar? If so, follow these steps to link the LaunchPad account you created with your D2L/Brightspace course.

User-added image

Enter your D2L/Brightspace username and password. Click Login.

Find your instructor's course

User-added image

Locate your course under My Courses. Click the title of your course to open it.

Locate your LaunchPad assignments

User-added image

Navigate to where your instructor has put LaunchPad content and click on the content area to open it. There are three likely places:

1. From the navigation bar across the top right of your course, select Content.
  2. From the calendar module. Assignments are listed according to upcoming due dates.
  3. From the LaunchPad logo within the Macmillan Course Tools area. This will take you to the LaunchPad homepage, not to a specific assignment.

Click on a LaunchPad assignment

Click on a LaunchPad assignment

Click on the title of any LaunchPad assignment. Doing so will begin the process of linking D2L/Brightspace with LaunchPad.

Which screen do you see?

You'll see one of a few different screens, depending on how your campus IT team set up your institution's D2L/Brightspace integration with LaunchPad. When you see your screen, follow the instructions provided.

Accept the Legal Terms

User-added image

Click Change to enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

Click Change to enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see a screen asking you to register, and the e-mail address displaying is your D2L/Brightspace address, then the system doesn't recognize you because you used a different e-mail to register for LaunchPad when you registered your code from the bookstore. Simply click Change and enter the e-mail address you used to register for LaunchPad.

If you don't remember what e-mail address you used to register, our technical support team can look it up for you. Please see the help article "Where else can I get help?" for more information.

Enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

Enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see a screen asking you whether you already have an account, enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account and click Go.

If you don't remember what e-mail address you used to register, our technical support team can look it up for you. Please see the help article "Where else can I get help?" for more information.

Enter the password you used to create your LaunchPad account

Enter the password you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see this screen, the system recognizes your e-mail address. Enter the password associated with your LaunchPad account.

• If you know the password associated with this account, enter it.
  • If you've forgotten it, have it e-mailed to you by clicking click here.

Click Continue to Site to begin working in LaunchPad

Click Continue to Site to begin working in LaunchPad

You will be taken to the assignment you clicked on in D2L/Brightspace to initiate this process.

Attachments

Outcomes