HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/546035-how-can-i-see-what-students-see HS Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/bfw_highschool_helpcenter/m/58868/l/546035-how-can-i-see-what-students-see?space_id=194&preview=true&preview=true
Switch role to student
To see your course page as students would see it,
- Expand the Switch role to... menu at the top right of the page.
- Then select the Student option.
- Click Return to my normal role in the upper right corner to go back to instructor mode.
- The work you complete while in the student role will only be visible to you while in student mode.
- To clear out any work you've done on an assignment as student, return to your normal instructor role, open the assignment, and double-click on any question to preview it. Edits made to the assignment will also clear out any work you did on that assignment while in the student role.
- Features available to your simulated student role that are not available to real students include (1) the Return to Activity Editor button within assignments, which switches you back to instructor role and (2) the ability to open to hidden assignments via the gradebook. Real students cannot do either of those things.