HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/538335-creating-and-editing-groupsHS Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/bfw_highschool_helpcenter/m/58868/l/629875-creating-and-editing-groups
Grouping students will allow you to sort your gradebook by group or extend a due date for a group.
Creating a group
- From your main course page, click or hover your mouse over Course Management.
- In the menu that appears to the right of your cursor, click Groups.
- Scroll down can click Create group.
- Specify a group name. The other settings are optional and can always be changed later.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save changes.
- To return to the settings page, click on the name of the group, then scroll down and click Edit group settings.
- Click on the name of an existing group and click Add/remove users.
- In the “Potential members” box on the right, click the name(s) of the users that you’d like to add to the group. Use shift+click or ctrl+click to select multiple users. Use the search box at the bottom to locate a particular user by name or email (or click Show all to clear your search).
- With at least one potential member selected, click the Add button.
- In the “Existing members” box on the left, click the name(s) of the users that you’d like to remove from the group.
- With at least one existing member selected, click the Remove button. Click Back to groups to return to the groups page.
Note that a given student may be placed into multiple groups if necessary for gradebook-sorting purposes. However, to successfully apply due date extensions for all students in a group, each student must be in only one group.