HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/549768-grades-for-external-activitiesHS Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/bfw_highschool_helpcenter/m/58868/l/629851-grades-for-external-activities
You can make additional columns in the Sapling Learning gradebook for activities completed outside of Sapling Learning. Scores can be entered manually, or imported from a comma-separated list (.csv file).
Add a column to the gradebook
- Click Grades on the left side of your course page to open the gradebook.
- Click Categories and items at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click Add grade item.
- Enter the Item name and the Maximum grade (i.e., points possible). You can ignore the other settings.
- Click Save changes.
- Click the View tab to return to your gradebook.
- To enter scores manually, click Turn editing on at the top-right of your gradebook.
- Type the desired scores and click Update at the bottom of the page.
This optional video illustrates the steps above (there is no sound).