Note the Homework policies
In the navigation bar at the top you will see:
- The title of the activity;
- The point total and if you have earned points toward that point total;
- The due date and time.
Under policies you will learn:
- The due date and time;
- Which attempt (if your teacher is giving you more than one) will be reported to the gradebook;
- If you can save and return to a question after starting the activity.
Click "Start the Homework" or choose to "Attempt" a particular question
Because homework assignments allow you to submit answers to an activity on a question-by-question basis, there are two ways to begin taking the homework:
- By clicking the "Start the Homework" button. This will start the activity from the very first question in the activity.
- By clicking the "Attempt" button associated with an individual question.
- If you click "Start the Homework", then the first question in the activity will display;
- If you click "Attempt", then that specific question will display;
- From here you can answer the question by using the answer fields that appear.
On the lower right hand corner you will see three options:
- Directions: to see the quiz policies again;
- Save: to Save you answer. This will take you back to the main homework page where you can start the homework again when you're ready;
- Submit: to submit your answer. See below for more on submitting your answer.
On the lower right hand corner you will see up to four options:
- Status. A paper icon will appear indicating that your response has been submitted (hover over the paper icon to see your submission status).
- Retake. Click here to retake the quiz. You will only see this button if you have more attempts left.
- Start. You can click the start button to move to the next question.
- Done. Click Done if you're done with the homework. Clicking done will bring you to a screen (see below) that shows the status of all the questions in the Homework.
- Click "Start" to begin a question again. Notice in the example below that the "Start" button is grayed out. That means this student used up all the attempts.
- Click the down-arrow in the "Review" column to see how you answered that particular attempt.
Click "Details" in lower right
This will bring up a screen showing you your score so far, the due date for the homework and how you answered the homework questions.
Click "Close" to return to the above Status screen.