How do I locate my e-book inside LaunchPad?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

LaunchPad combines an interactive e-book with high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing and more.

LaunchPad Solo provides high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing, but without an e-book.

There are two methods you can use to locate your e-book in LaunchPad:

1. Locate your e-book chapters inside LaunchPad units;
  2. Locate your entire e-book using e-book filtering.

We will explain both methods below.

Method 1: Locating your e-book chapters inside LaunchPad units

Click on a unit to open it

Click on a unit to open it

Click on the unit subchapter you want to view

You can then click the e-book page.

1. Note that e-book pages have an "(e-book)" link to the right of the chapter name
Click on the unit subchapter you want to view

Method 2: Locating your entire e-book using e-book filtering

If you want to view your entire e-book at once, click on the e-book link in the toolbar.

Method 2 -- Locating your entire e-book using e-book filtering

You will now be able to view your entire e-book.

1. Note that you will know you're viewing the entire e-book because LaunchPad will tell you that at the top of the page;
  2. By clicking on chapters, you can view sub-chapters;
  3. Click on the chapter link to view it.

Navigating within the e-book pages

1. In the e-book, use the Read on button at the bottom to read the next section of the same reading (using the Previous and Next buttons will take you to the next reading in the e-book or into another resource entirely).
  2. The e-book also has a circle menu at the top left with a circle for each section of the current reading.
  3. Click the square below the circle menu to access a table of contents for the reading or show all sections of the reading.
User-added image

For more information on how to navigate the pages of LaunchPad, please see the help article How do I navigate LaunchPad?.

Attachments

Outcomes