What do I do if I bought a book that doesn't contain a LaunchPad access code?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you bought a book that doesn't contain a LaunchPad access code, then you will still need to purchase LaunchPad using one of the four options listed in this article.

Option 1: Sign up for free trial access

If you want, you can get free trial access to LaunchPad for 21 days. This will give you time to purchase your other books and/or media from the bookstore. Just remember that when your free trial access expires after 21 days you will have to purchase full access.

For more information on free trial access, please refer to the help article Can I get free trial access to my course?.

Option 2: Purchase a stand-alone code from your bookstore

If you purchased a copy of the book that did not come with an access code, return to your bookstore and ask the sales clerk if you can buy a "stand-alone" code for LaunchPad. You can then use this code to register for your course online.

For more information on registering for a course using an access code, please refer to the help article How do I register for my course using an access code?.

Option 3: Purchase a new book from the bookstore with an access code

If you're unable to buy a stand-alone code from your bookstore, try to return your book. Many bookstores will allow you to do this. To get access to LaunchPad, then, you can simply purchase a new copy of the book that is packaged with an access code.

If you are unable to return your book, try one of the other options.

For more information on registering for a course using an access code, please refer to the help article How do I register for my course using an access code?.

Option 4: Purchase LaunchPad online

If you already have a book, but don't have LaunchPad, you can purchase it directly from our website.

For more information on purchasing access online, please refer to the help article How do I register for my course by purchasing access online?.

Attachments

Outcomes