HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/LaunchPadIM/l/285107-how-do-i-use-the-welcome-page
How do I get to the Welcome Page?
To get to the Welcome Page from your home page, click the Welcome Page button.
What can I do with it?
The course Welcome Page features the following:
- an area for instructors to post announcements for all students to see
- RSS feed articles from Scientific American, The Economist, or any other feed of your choice
- a list of upcoming assignments organized by those due today, this week, and next week
- access to the course calendar
Add or change announcements
Hover your cursor over the announcements area and click to open the Welcome Message html editor. Click Save when you're done.
To remove a widget from the Welcome Page, click Remove in the top-right corner of the widget.
Add new widgets
To add a widget to the Welcome Page, click the + ADD NEW WIDGET button, and choose the type of widget you’d like to add.
New widgets: RSS Feed
One very cool feature that can be added is a new RSS Feed. RSS feeds are very popular, real time feeds done by a variety of news services. Let’s use one from APA for Psych as an example. Use this URL and paste it into the box below. Click Save when you're done.
How can I use the Welcome Page to keep my course current?
- Update your announcements daily to give students a reason to log in regularly.
- Assign articles from one or more RSS feeds to incorporate topical resources into your course.
How to assign an RSS feed article
- From the RSS feed widget, click on the title of an article you'd like to assign.
- Click Add to Course in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Assign the article from the table of contents, as you would any other resource.