How can I copy a course to use in multiple sections?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The dashboard lets you set up a master course and then copy it--create branches--for all of your sections. Any changes you make in the master course will take effect in the branches.

NOTE: The dashboard is the first page you see when you log in (My Courses). You can get to the dashboard at any time by clicking your name in the top right of any page and selecting Switch/Create Courses.

Step 1: Create a branch course.

On your dashboard, find the course that you would like to branch. Click Branch this course.

Step 1: Create a branch course.

Read the explanation of what branching accomplishes and then confirm that you want to create a branch course.

NOTE: This message appears only for the first course you branch from a master course. For subsequent branch courses, you will be taken immediately to the window in Step 2.

Step 2: Fill out course details.

You will be prompted to make any changes to the course details for the new course. Click Create to continue.

Step 2: Fill out course details.

Step 3: See your new course on your dashboard.

You will be taken back to your instructor dashboard. Your new course will appear under the course you used to generate the branch. The link at the left indicates the connection to the master course.

Step 3: See your new course on your dashboard.

Step 4: Locate the ID and welcome message for the branch course.

The branch course has a unique ID number, and it has a unique URL. You can find the URL to share with your students by clicking View Activation Message.

NOTE: You must activate your branch course before you send students the activation message. See the help article How do I activate my course to make it visible to students? for more information.

Step 4: Locate the ID and welcome message for the branch course.

Attachments

Outcomes