Can I use LaunchPad for its resources only?

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017Last modified by Vishal Sharma on Jan 13, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Yes, absolutely! You'll need to get access to LaunchPad and then create a course, but it's possible to use all of a LaunchPad's resources without any students in it. Read on to learn how.

1. Follow the instructions to get access to LaunchPad

Complete the process in this article "How do I get access to LaunchPad?" to be granted access.

2. Create a course

Create a course by following the directions in this article "How to Create a New Course".

3. Once you've created your course, leave it inactive, but avail yourself of any resources you're interested in

In your dashboard, you'll notice that the course is "CLOSED" with zero students in it. When you create your course, by default, it will be inactive and closed. Just because you've created a course, doesn't mean it needs to have students in it for you to be able to take advantage of the resources within LaunchPad. You can enter the course and use it as you wish.

The yellow bar and note will remain on your home page reminding you that your course is not active

If you decide to open your course to students, simply activate it

If you'd like to allow students into your course, simply activate it using the information in this article "How do I activate my course? (How do I make my course available to students?))."

Not sure how'd you incorporate LaunchPad into your course?

Talk to an expert! We offer regularly scheduled training sessions hosted by our Digital Solutions team members. Learn how to use LaunchPad in face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online class environments.

Interested? Sign up for a session at our Support Center.

Attachments

Outcomes