Customer Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/553285-instructor-set-up-desire2learn
These instructions describe how to set up Sapling Learning as an approved LTI Tool in D2L/Brightspace (formerly Desire2Learn), where LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.
- From your course home page in D2L, click on Course Admin.
- Click on External Learning Tools.
- On the Manage Tool Providers tab, click on New Tool Provider. If you don’t see this option, skip to step 4.
- Fill in the “Launch Point” as gateway.mnv-tech.com and make sure “Allow users to use this tool provider” is checked. Then click Save. If you don’t see this option, skip to step 5.
- On the Manage External Learning Tool Links tab click on New Link.
- Give the link a meaningful “Title” for your students and insert the URL provided by your Sapling Learning Client Success Specialist.
- Make sure the rest of the settings match the image below and click Save. You will also need a "Key" and "Secret" provided by your Sapling Learning Client Success Specialist.
- Click on Content.
- In the desired portion of your course choose Add Existing Activities > External Learning Tools.
- Click on the name of the tool you created in steps 6 and 7.
- After inserting the link, you must Edit Properties and check the box to Open in a new window.
- Send your class the instructions for student sign-up.
- If desired, set up grade sync within your Sapling Learning course.