HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/553284-instructor-set-up-canvas
These instructions describe how to set up www.saplinglearning.com as an approved LTI Tool for use in your Canvas course, where LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.
- From your course home page in Canvas click on Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab and then View App Configurations.
- Click on Add New App (the button may just say Add App in some versions of Canvas).
- Fill in the info on the Edit External Tool window and click Submit. The "Name" can be set to any non-blank value, just be sure to include a unique identifier such as course number and/or term. You will need to contact your Client Success Specialist to get the “URL”, “Shared Secret” and “Consumer Key”. The "Domain" should be: gateway.mnv-tech.com
- Click on Assignments.
- Click the + Assignment button.
- Set the "Assignment Name" and "Points". This will represent the overall Sapling Learning grade that shows within your Canvas course.
- Change the “Submission Type” to External Tool and enter a due date if required (we recommend the last day of finals).
- Click in box labeled External Tool URL.
- Select the tool you created in step 4 to auto-fill the URL. You must check the box for Load this tool in a new tab. Then click the Select button.
- You will be returned to the page shown in step 9. Click Save & Publish.
- Send your class the instructions for student sign-up.
- If desired, set up grade sync within your Sapling Learning course.