Customer Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/553286-instructor-set-up-moodle
These instructions describe how to set up Sapling Learning as an approved LTI Tool for use in your Moodle course, where LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.
- Enter the course in your school's Moodle system and Turn editing on.
- Add an activity where you want the Sapling Learning link to be.
- Choose External Tool and click Add.
- Click the Show more... link.
- Fill in the Activity name, for example, "Sapling Learning Homework"
- For External tool type, select the plus sign (+) to enter the Tool settings.
- Fill in the Tool name , Tool base URL, Consumer key, and Shared secret. The Tool base URL must be gateway.mnv-tech.com. Your Client Success Specialist will provide the rest.
- In the Privacy section, select Force SSL and Save.
- Select the new tool from the drop down list and make sure the key/secret are removed here, otherwise you will get a 401 error due to invalid key/secret.
- Be sure to select New window for the Launch container.
- Also make sure all the boxes in the Privacy section are checked ( Share launcher's name with the tool, Share launcher's email with the tool, Accept grades from the tool).
- Click Save and return to course.
- Send your class the instructions for student sign-up.
- If desired, set up grade sync within your Sapling Learning course.