HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/550261-text-entryHS Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/bfw_highschool_helpcenter/m/58868/l/550261-text-entry?space_id=194&preview=true&preview=true
The Text Entry Module is an ungraded module used for question and feedback text. The module editor contains text formatting tools and common symbols. To set a text box, click , then click on the place you want the text box to appear. To refine its display, click the object, and the following menu will appear.
- Bold. Highlight text and click this button to make text bold.
- Italics. Highlight text and click this button to make text italic.
- Subscript. Highlight text and click this button to subscript text. Click again to return to normal text mode.
- Superscript. Highlight text and click this button to superscript text. Click again to return to normal text mode.
- Hyperlink. Highlight text and click this button to add a hyperlink (URL). A window will open, allowing you to enter a destination address for the link.
- Greek alphabet menus. Click to open the menu of Greek letters, which can then be inserted at the cursor. Both upper and lower case are available.
- Special character menu. Click to open the menu of common special characters and mathematical symbols, such as the degree symbol, en dash, or plus and minus signs.
- Create algo. Highlight text or number(s) and click this button to make algorithmic variables.
- Insert algo menu. Click the arrow to view and select available algorithmic variables from a drop-down menu.
- Grading status. Indicates that module is static.
- Revert. Removes changes made to module in current tab.
- Delete. Removes this module from the stage.
The second tab offers two options for formatting the text box. Click Options, and the following menu appears.
- Show Border. When this box is checked, a border will be shown around the perimeter of the text area.
- Autosize. When this box is checked, the Text Area will automatically resize horizontally to fit its contents. When this box is unchecked, the module can be sized by grabbing the handles at the lower left corner.
Special Keyboard Characters
- To enter an umlaut over the letter O, highlight the letter, hold Ctrl, and type a colon (Ctrl-:).
- To create a slashed letter O, highlight the letter, hold Ctrl, and type a slash (ctrl-/).