HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/WriterKey_IM/l/529105-writerkey-overview
With WriterKey, instructors can build assignments based on their objectives and students can complete those assignments, with peer review options and reflections, to draft, review, revise and submit--all online. Instructors can make comments on the writing, using a comments library that makes grading more efficient. Then, using the powerful analytics in WriterKey, instructors can see how their students are progressing AND where they need more writing instruction.
The Dashboard is your homepage within WriterKey. From here you will access all the areas of the site with a minimal number of clicks. This annotated picture of the Dashboard will help you get more familiar with your homescreen.
- The main navigation bar.
- Add profile information, build rubrics, and more from the links icon.
- The Add New button unlocks the building tools for assignments and more.
- The left-hand menus show system notifications (and allow you to send notifcations to your students), your current classes, and the Teaching Center, a repository for any teaching resources you'd like to have at hand in WriterKey.
- Organize what you see on your dashboard with these filter buttons.
- Each assignment, activity and workshop is featured in its own display. The yellow status bar keeps you up to date on progress.
- You control when to distribute the assignments to students. The grey box indicates the teacher has not activated the assignments so students cannot see it on their dashboard.