When I try to type letters, I only get numbers, capital letters, or lowercase letters

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Here are some things you can try.

• Check to see if your computer's keyboard set to international settings (i.e., Not US/CA keyboard).
  • Certain virus scanners, most notably Comcast, sometimes interferes with data entry. Try turning off your virus scanner to see if that helps.
  • Verify your Flash version. If it's already up to date, you may need to uninstall then reinstall your Flash plugin.
  • Try holding down the ALT key.
  • Check your Num Lock and CAPS lock (depending on your input issue).
  • Check the on-screen keyboard to make sure none of the virtual keys are stuck. If any keys are white on that on-screen keyboard while your hands are off the computer, then that key is stuck. Click it on the on-screen keyboard to turn it off.

Here's how to access the on-screen keyboard.
    For PC: WindowsKey-R (or Windows button at the bottom-left of screen). Type "osk" then enter.
    For Mac: System Preferences > International Settings > Input Menu > Keyboard Viewer

If none of these work, we advise you to use the on-screen keyboard or use a different computer to input your homework answers.

Attachments

Outcomes